Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Glad to be back at the workbench

After an eleven month hiatus battling lung cancer, I am glad to be back at my workbench playing with trains. The first project to regain whatever skills I may have - a row of scratch built company houses for the Copper Smelter employees.

 

I was coloring these company houses to reflect the way they look in the real world today, in which individuals now own the houses and have painted them to reflect their personal color choices. A couple of days after this photo was taken, it dawned on me that during the period I am modeling ,they would all have been painted in a similar color scheme which reflected company standards.

I have since disassembled them as much as possible, and am in the process of painting them all a nondescript beige color with the same maroon trim coloration as was used on all the smelter buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment