Sunday, February 7, 2016

The lumber hooker - part 2

The pilot house is just about complete on the vessel tied up at the dock on my copper smelter module. Now onto the main aft cabin! The whole kit is resin with the exception of some chain and the window material. Those handrail stanchions were fun to de-flash and drill! While a faithful replica of a vessel named RANGELL BOYS which worked the western Great Lakes, I have selected a different color scheme for my model and have named her in honor of my daughter.


As seen below, the pilot house has yet to be glued to the deck as I still need to install a couple of upper deck support posts, navigation lights and a railing across the back, which I hope to finish tomorrow evening.


The interior of the main pilot house is detailed with a wheel, binnacle and Chadburn. Realizing that these details would be virtually invisible once the roof was glued in place, I thought I would snap a photo for posterity!




No comments:

Post a Comment