Sunday, December 10, 2017

The "joy" of shingling

Well, I started with good intentions of replicating the "Fishtown" structure accurately, and including all three of its gables. However, as I progressed on the structure, I decided that it would be too long in comparison to adjacent structures I plan for the fishing village, so I lopped off one of the gables and relocated one of the windows and doors in order to get everything to fit properly.


As you can see, the walls have all been shingled, and I am making my way up to the roof. The gable roofs have bee cut, and will be installed after the final strips of shingle have been installed to the left of the leftmost gable. Adding this many shingles in HO is quite a challenge, and I can't wait to be finished and to give them a final trimming along all the gables. Weathering will be a fun challenge, As I have noticed that untreated shingles weather in interesting patterns dependent on water runoff, which I hope to replicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment