Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Sticking around

In the furniture making side of my life, I discovered these blue silicone glue trays and applicators at Rockler Woodworking a few years ago. They are great, and I use them all the time in the shop. When done, you just leave the glue in the tray and on the tools to dry, and then flex everything and the glue comes right off in sheets and chunks. leaving everything clean and ready for reuse. While too large for model making, it got me thinking. I found these silicone cup cake molds at Walmart for $5.99 for a pack of 12. As you will see from the photos, they work great! Now, if I could just find some tiny silicone brushes!


The Rockler silicone glue tray and applicators. The tray is about 3" by 6" and can be purchased with the two applicators for $14.99.

A Walmart silicone cup cake mold with dried carpenters glue on the bottom.

The same cup cake mold after being wrinkled-up with the dried carpenters glue which fell off to the right.
 Oh! .. and as a bonus ... I also found you can mix 5-minute epoxy in them, and it peels right off after it has hardened!

No comments:

Post a Comment