Friday, November 20, 2015

Work continues on the coal dock

I spent a little time working on the coal dock the past two evenings. The top is decked, and the pilings have been outfitted with braces and home made NBW's. The pilings are just sitting under the deck, as I will not glue them in place until the water base is sealed and painted. Again, everything has just been given a prime coat, and will be weathered with a combination of dry brush, airbrush and chalks as the project unfolds. Sadly, USPS tracking indicates the cobblestone sheets will not get here until Tuesday at the earliest, but at least I should have them to play with over the long weekend. 


Here's a photo of the prototype coal dock which is serving as inspiration for this part of my module. If life doesn't get in the way, I hope to begin building the upper structure this weekend. It is my plan to build it on the workbench, and not install it on the dock until much later in the build. Or then again - maybe I will build the barge this weekend. I'll see where my mind is when I head into the shop in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment