Thursday, January 14, 2016

Building the Reverberatory Furnace Building - Part 2

Work continued tonight on the two end walls. First, I carefully laid-out the locations where the walls and doors would be located using a square and scale rule. I drilled a #62 hole at each corner to mark the corners and to serve as a guide for final filing and sanding. Using the holes drilled the prior night, I inserted the sheet metal nibbler through the hole, nibbled through the resin wall to one side and then worked my way around the outside of the opening, staying inside the line to leave sufficient material for final clean-up using a file and sanding sticks. This photo shows my progress as of the end of the evening.

Cutting of the wall at the bottom has been completed and all the openings filed and sanded to their final dimensions using the windows themselves as a guide to ensure they each fit snugly. The upper wall shows shows the progress toward the end of the nibbling process with the window opening at the upper left almost completely nibbled away.

Tomorrow, I plan on finishing this second wall, laying out the window openings o the two sides (which I also cut out tonight), nibbling the openings and final filing and sanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment