Friday, December 18, 2015

Its getting cold - time to move operations indoors.

Up until this point, I have been doing all my modeling in my wood shop. However, with winter finally spreading its grip across northern Michigan and the temperatures plummeting, its time to move operations into the house because it is going to get too expensive to keep the shop warm enough.. If Amazon's shipping status is correct, FedEx should be delivering a pair of these five-drawer artists tabourets tomorrow, which will serve as the base for a new modeling workbench. The ten drawers should provide me with a significant amount of storage space for parts and supplies.


After work this evening, I made the trip to Lows and purchased a 30" slab door to serve as the work surface which will sit on these bases. Tonight, I added a wood edge around the door, routed a comfortable radius at the edge, and gave it a coat of polyurethane. A second coat in the morning and it should be ready to fit on the bases.

I will probably have to build a couple of boxes to place underneath the cabinets to raise the working surface to a comfortable height. While at Lowes, I also bought some brackets to support the copper smelter module on the wall. The Empire begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment